Parkside Church (Mission, BC) is seeking a Bookkeeper to assist in the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements of our church family.
This person will work closely with the Lead Pastor and/or Church Council Treasurer in maintaining and reporting financial information needed by the church council to make short and long-term decisions. Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills sets and accounting experience:
- Post-Secondary education or training in bookkeeping or accounting field.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience, preferably using Sage Accounting (Simply Accounting)
- Maintain full set of accounting records to include banking, AR and AP, payroll, budgets, and financial reports.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Sage Accounting
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Experience in bank services related to online PAD and payroll transfers
- Strong understanding of charitable or non-profit operations (preferable but not necessary).
This position is a part-time (8 hours per week), salaried position with the possibility of benefits after probationary period.
Interested candidates can email resumes and references directly to the attention of Parkside Council Treasurer, Rhonda Berkhiem (email@example.com) no later than June 15, 2018.